What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9 Snacks Under 150 Calories

B

ButterSticks

Dark Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries Between the fiber in the strawberries and dark chocolate's antioxidants and cholesterol-reducing fats, this sweet treat is a healthy indulgence. Ingredients: 1 ounce dark chocolate chips, melted 3/4 cup strawberries (about 5 to 6 medium) Calories: 150

Cheese and Crackers High-fiber rye crackers spread with light Rondele or Boursin cheese equal a crisp, creamy snack that's got lots of flavor without a lot of calories. Ingredients: 3 rye crackers 2 tablespoons spreadable "light" cheese Calories: 140

Baby Burrito Between the fiber-filled bean dip and the corn tortilla, which contains more fiber than a flour tortilla, this is one filling snack. Spicy salsa adds extra flavor without extra calories. Swap the bean dip for a quarter-cup of light (but not fat-free) shredded cheddar, then heat it in the microwave, and you've got a mini quesadilla. Ingredients: 6-inch corn tortilla 2 tablespoons bean dip 2 tablespoons salsa Calories: 140

Peanut Butter with Apples The apple's fiber and complex carbs get a boost from peanut butter's fat and protein. Choose chunky peanut butter, advises Bonci, for more fiber and a "chewier" texture. For a change of taste, try a pear or banana, or use soy nut butter, which contains heart-healthy isoflavones. Ingredients: 1 tablespoon peanut butter 1 medium apple Calories: 150

Minestrone Soup This mini meal is a very satisfying snack, with beans providing protein and fiber to keep you feeling full. Add a sprinkling of grated Parmesan for a flavor boost. Ingredients: 1/2 can of minestrone 2 teaspoons cheese Calories: 150

Veggies with Dip Mix powdered onion soup mix into a cup of plain, low-fat yogurt and you've got a tasty, low-cal, high-calcium dip that's perfect for jazzing up strips of green pepper or celery sticks. Ingredients: 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt 1 package onion soup mix 8 green pepper strips or celery sticks Calories: 150

Mediterranean Pasta Salad Nuke some cooked pasta with frozen mixed vegetables, toss in some light salad dressing and feta cheese, and you've got the perfect balance of carbs, protein, fat, and fiber. Ingredients: 1/2 cup pasta 1/2 cup frozen vegetables 2 tablespoons light dressing 1 tablespoon feta cheese Calories: 150

Tasty Tuna Sandwich Stir low-cal dressing or mayo into water-packed tuna and stuff mixture into a small whole wheat pita for a protein-rich snack with heart-healthy fats. Ingredients: 2 ounces water-packed tuna 1 tablespoon light dressing or mayonnaise 6-inch whole wheat pita pocket Calories: 150

Popcorn with a Twist Low-fat microwave popcorn has few calories and, often, little flavor to show for it. Kick things up a notch with butter-flavored spray and savory herb seasonings. Or add extra crunch and a little heart-healthy fat by tossing in some shelled sunflower seeds. Ingredients: Mini bag of low-fat popcorn Butter spray; seasoning Calories: 150

Great ideas. I never thought of using yougurt instead of sour cream for the onion soup. I also like the popcorn idea. However, I use the air popper and add I can't believe it is butter, tabasco sauce, chili powder and garlic powder. It is really yummy.

Great thread, ButterSticks. I always like to see things that are going to save calories. ;)

Hey, don't leave out freshies like bananas and apples. I'm sure they're below 150 calories and they are very good snacks--a sure way to fill you up without all that calories.

Great thread, ButterSticks. I always like to see things that are going to save calories. ;)
Me as Well I love saving calories. And I plan to go on a slight diet soon, so thanks for the help.

You can make your own snacks for under 150 calories! And it is cheaper than buying those little packs!

A friend of mine portions all the cereals and snacks each grocery day. She has the kids help and the put everything in baggies. She believes that this way no one is deprived of goodies and yet she is in control of how much they are eating.

Has anyone ever had the Special K bars? They are so good! They are only 90 calories. I get the Chocolate Drizzle! They also have blueberry and strawberry, but I've never tried those.

Wow! That's all that I can say. I never knew I can eat peanut butter without feeling guilty about it adding up to more pounds for me. But with that whoa! I would surely love to try the recipe you gave, it's good for dieters like me.

Back