What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Find ...

jglass

People get the idea cooking is as easy for us as it is for the TV chefs? No one has our ingredients premeasured or cleans up our mess during the commercial break. :rolleyes:

Girl you got that right. Its really people that don't cook. i have some people I know like that. They eat out all the time. CF

Don't you wish it was actually that easy and fast? Your right it is people who don't cook who are the worst lol.

Sometime a little help would be useful. But most of the time, I just say get the heck out of my kitchen. And I hate for other people to put up my dishes. Can't ever find anything. i have a sister in law that thinks she has to rearrange the pantry every time she visits. I finally had to tell her please don't do that. CF

first of all the kitchen has to be clean before you start - then you have to drag everything out, measure, etc. then put it all away and clean up after yourself

I would love to hire someone to get it ready and clean up after me and - I would love someone to go food shopping with me and put it all away for me!

Clean kitchen is a must. When I cook I clean as I go. When finished the only thing dirty (dishes) is what is being used to eat off of. Now my wife, she is a good cook, but every dish in the kitchen is dirty and piled in the sink when she is finished. I try to help but she says I get in the way. She does wash the dishes after the meal. And the kitchen is clean. We do have a dish washer but I have never used it. CF

I absolutely can not cook in a dirty kitchen. My kitchen is so tiny if there are any dishes in the sink it blocks my access to the water. When they request big meals I have to constantly stop cooking to wash up dishes before I can continue because they are in my way. Especially the rotisserie chickens. You have to clean that monster of a rotisserie machine when they are done and put it away and clear up the counter. Same thing with the bread machine. I don't have much counter space at all.

It's best to clean as you go - it's give you a chance to rest aftgerwards instead of slaving in the kitchen and cleaning longer.

Back