What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grilled up some hamburgers for dinner

ricksrealpitbbq

Tonight we had hamburgers, grill sauteed onions and a macaroni salad that Deb made

Here are the burgers with vidalia onions in butter. They really picked up a good amount of smokey taste

DSC04040.jpg

And toasted buns too

DSC04042.jpg

the money shot of the carmelized onions

DSC04041.jpg

Served up with some plain yellow mustard

oh that looks so good! no more Vidalia onions up here - we get them in spring for a few weeks and that's the end of it -

question: the macaroni salad - does it have an Italian dressing/vinaigrette dressing on it?

oh that looks so good! no more Vidalia onions up here - we get them in spring for a few weeks and that's the end of it -

question: the macaroni salad - does it have an Italian dressing/vinaigrette dressing on it?

Yes it does. My wife uses the good seasons Italian dressing packs to make different types of macaroni salad. I'm not a fan of mayonnaise so she makes adjustments for me. I like corn and sometimes peas added in too.

I like to use a "vinaigrette" type dressing on salads as well. But we do like mayonnaise. Your just like many of the men in my family - NO MAYO! They wouldn't even let you put it on the table! The same with ketchup with many of them. Some Italian men.......what can I say????

(just teasing you - many don't like mayo)

I like corn and peas and carrots in mine sometimes - even with the mayo.

Looks real good Rick - you have mastered caramelizing the onions better than I do. I imagine I need to put mine over the coals for a longer period than what I did last time.

I love the mayo and use it on my burger and macaroni salade. Mrs W makes that mac salade with cut up cheese and fresh peas - it's to die for.

Imma Bohunk and love all manner of sauces and dressings.

Back