What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Temptation Calls....

K

KYHeirloomer

So, I'm looking for a baking stone to help regulate temperature in my oven during bread baking. Locally all that's available are pizza kits, with a stone, a circular slicer, an el cheapo peel, and some other items I don't need.

Thus, I reluctantly turn to the internet. And at the King Arthur site I find a different kind of kit. This one actually turns your home oven into a hearth, with inch-thick stones on the base and sidewalls.

The Devil made me do it!

Well, actually I resisted, cuz there's no way I can justify the 200 plus dollar pricetag. But I was sorely tempted. And I do remember a friend who, just before he died, said the only thing he regretted were temptations he didn't give in to.

Got me to thinking. What kitchenware stuff do you own that you bought just because you saw it, and were tempted, rather than because you went looking for it?

I have a KitchenAid Stand mixer and the grater attachment. I wanted (drooled for) them for years and finally got one about 3 months ago. It's a great tool and I've used the grater a lot and the mixer quite a bit too.

Worthwhile and I'm glad I decided to get it.

I have a pizza stone that was left here in the apt by the previous tenant. I've used it a few times to heat up frozen pizza.

It's kind of dirty and all with the grease that's on it, so I just put some foil on it before uswe.

Back