What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

B

ButterSticks

Makes about 2-3 dozen cookies...mine were big though so it only made 2 dozen. Preheat overn to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.

Whisk together thoroughly and then set aside:

1 1/4 c all-purpose flour (I used ww flour)
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Beat on medium speed until well blended:

1/4 c corn or canola oil (I used coconut oil)
2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 c packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1/3 c light or dark corn syrup
1 tbsp skim milk (I used vanilla flavoured rice milk)
2 1/2 tsp vanilla

(In the past I've also added 2 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter....just an added bonus for those who are craving some PB!!!)

Stir into the batter:

2 c old fashioned rolled oats
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes so the oats can absorb some moisture. Stir in the flour mixture; the dough will be slightly soft. Drop the dough by heaping measuring tablespoonfuls onto the sheets, spacing them about 2 1/2 inches apart.

Bake until cookies are tinged with brown all over and the centres are just barely firm when lightly pressed, about 7-10 minutes (mine worked well at 7 mins). Let cookies cool slightly, about 2 minutes and then remove them to cooling racks.

The cookies are phenomenal....very chewy, almost to the point where they fall apart in your hands or mouth. ENJOY!!!!

Back