What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paula Deen was in Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

jglass

I went to my father in laws a while ago to take him some baked spaghetti and a lemon pound cake. Heard on the car radio that Paula Deen was in town last week visiting the Smithfield Ham plant about half a mile from here.

Jon was all if you had known you could have gone to see her. I was like uh.. actually I wouldnt have bothered.

Celebrity cook Paula Deen visits Smithfield processing facility » Local News » Daily Independent (Ashland, KY)

From what I read she declined to talk to local news and only visited for a few minutes with the family of one of the plant managers. Then she headed in to meet with the bosses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw on the news last week. She and Smithfield were doing some food donations for food banks. Something like truck loads of hams. I thought that was a good thing. I am not a celebrity's person. I would not have gone to see her either.
Some good news, I don't see the Neely's any more. Or maybe it was the feely's. CF:)

Well I talked to some people who work at the plant and they said Paula had lunch with them and was wonderful. Some got signed pics. Local news was just ticked I guess because they were not allowed into the plant during the visit.

I would not make even the smallest trip to meet any of the FN stars. The Neely's still come on in the mornings around 11 I think. When ever I hear them come on I switch the channel. I just cannot stand that show anymore.

Yeah some of the people said she gave away free sets of her cookware. It seems she is pretty cool in person or atleast she was this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back