What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quinoa

Hi Mike!

My favorite recipe is to make it up with a little chicken broth, dried parsley, garlic powder, dried onion, and real butter! I love the stuff it is delicious!

I also recommend serving it with gravy on top, I had it one night when I made a Beef Roast and Gravy, it was simply wonderful!

I have not tried a sweet recipe yet but soon I may try it with a little honey or brown sugar, raisins, and cinnamon and see how it is as a breakfast cereal substitute!

Sweet or Savory Quinoa is just so good for us! I would continue to work with finding new and unusual ways to enjoy eating and serving it! Heck it may even be good with a spaghetti sauce over it and a little parmasean cheese sprinkeled on top!

Cheers, CCCathy

Cooking Quinoa

I use quinoa in the place of rice or pasta frequently. Sometimes I add a small amount of vegetables like peas and/or carrots. I always use olive oil. There are several web sites that have quinoa recipes. Just do a seardh for 'quinoa recipes'. There are a few that are devoted to quinoa only such as: Cooking Quinoa

allrecipes.com has some as well.

Back