What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

carrots

Carrot Cake

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups of sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups Oil
1 tsp of milk
4 egg's
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons or more of cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups of grated carrots
1 cup of chopped walnuts and a box of Sun Maid Raisins (1/2 cup size)

Directions
I like to mix the oil and sugar together first, the milk and then add the eggs. Mix all the dry ingredients with the flour and then mix the flour into the wet ingredients in 3 batches.
Fold the grated carrots, walnuts and raisins in last.
Grease and flour a loaf pan or bundt pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes in a 350* oven.
You can make a cream cheese frosting for this cake if you want but it's good without any type of frosting.
If I want to me more decorative I will bake the cake in round cake pans. Reduce the baking time to about 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Then slice the cakes in halves to make 4 layers. Frost each layer with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle some crushed walnuts between each layer. Cut some carrot slices into carrot shapes and candy in a sugar solution and use to decorate the top.

I am so making this for my FIL as soon as the carrots in the garden get a little bigger. He loves his carrots but has a sweet tooth so this is perfect.

Back