What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fondant and chocolate transfer sheets

Sissy

Spice Place pals:

I have a tasting event coming up in a few weeks and plan to make two wedding cakes to showcase. I want to use transfer sheets to gussy up my creations. I keep seeing tutorials to purchase that will instruct me how to use chocolate transfer sheets with fondant-covered cakes but none really helped. I hesitate to pay for a product that may or may not serve my personal needs.

Have any of you done this before? One one site (somewhere in Vegas) there was mention of using silicone mats and a steam iron but the tutorial was weak and not really explanatory.

I would appreciate any help.

-sissy

you may be better off going to a library and getting an actual book - you cannot trust on line answers fo everything

Fondant and transfer sheets

Thanks, Mama. You're absolutely right. Actually, I have contacted a company who sells transfer sheets and they have provided directions for using their product. If anyone is interested, I will be happy to provide details.

I wanna be just like you when I grow up.

-sissy

I agree with their suggestion. It is better to read a book or call (like the one you said.)
a company that has a product of it. :)

Hi Sissy,
I was searching the internet for information on using chocolate transfer sheets to transfer patterns to fondant. I noticed in your post that you found a company that had info on doing just that. Can you please share what you learned. I have a cake to do in a few weeks and would love to use that technique.
Thanks,
Bernadette

Back