What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food Saver

It replaces that ill-fated Reynolds hand-held unit that I thought I'd like but ended up HATING it!
You can send it to me. I just bought my second one (for the garage) and they are fantastic. Been using it since day one and finally noticing the batteries are getting low.

I also use the FoodSaver and have the vertical black one. Really cool except it requires a long lip (3" minimum).

CCC, yes, I was excited and just jumped right in and started posting. But I WILL get around to doing that soon. Thanks!

I like to cook large portions of rice, then divide it into serving sizes for the two of us oldies. If I bag it using the FoodSaver and freeze it, can the bagged cooked rice then be steamed or microwaved?
I'm brand new to this gadget and this Forum.
Thanks

Becky - you will need to read the box it came in.

Many plastic wraps, bags, etc. are not made to go into boiling water or the microwave. The chemicals in the plastic leech out and into the foods.

I have a food saver - I don't place plastic bags in boiling water and I don't believe in microwaves. I use pans, etc.

Thank, Mama Mangia,
I posted only after I read everything in and on the box...perhaps someone else will know.

FoodSaver bags are the only plastic bags that are safe for boiling or placing in the microwave. FoodSaver also has quart "steamer" bags for those items that can be processed that way.

Back