What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you get avacados ripe?

Store unripe avocado's in a cool dark place, like your oven, just don't forget they're in there. They should ripen a lot faster that way.

Howdy lthipphawong!

And welcome... we're a fine bunch of folks who always enjoy meeting new people and making new friends. We're glad you're here!

I learned a trick today about avocadoes. I opened an avocado that I was just sure was ripe only to find that it was still hard when I opened it. Since I had already cut into it the avocado had to be used so I wondered if you cook them will that keep them from discoloring and you know it works! I cut them into slices and sauteed them in a TBls of butter until they were soft and caramelized a little on both sides. Then I squeezed some lemon juice over to brighten them up. I have them now sitting in the fridge waiting to be tucked into a BLA sandwich or sliced to top salads.

Back