What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac and Cheese with broccoli

conniee

I am looking for a macaroni and cheese recipe with
broccoli and cottage cheese. It needs to be baked
and very creamy, or at least not dry.
I have several recipes with some of the ingredients but
am unsure of the amounts to make my own recipe.
This is for my grandkids for supper! They love broccoli
cheese soup and this would fit their taste buds just fine.
It would seem easier to me.

HEy Connie,

Last night i made a yummy Mac and Cheese Penne but i didn't have Broccoli or Cottage cheese but what i did was made a cheese sauce from Kraft(halp pkg-with butter-milk) mac and cheese pkg and Real chedder cheese with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. I poor it in the Pan first then, Baked it in the oven.. if you want, you could add Crumbs on top .. This is a crazy recipe but very good and and not even close to being Dry as a matter or fact, in the frig now and it is still moist. The Kids loved it.. So don't be afraid and experiment away Connie
Lm

Thanks, I still haven't tried to make this, but I think tomorrow...lol..I will let you know how I do...

Mac n cheese

Well i know you can do it Connie, because you are willing to try so it's Labor day, Why Not, go for it Connie.

Put the love in your Food!

I did make it but ended up using frozen mixed veggies. That was because another
family member (age 4) and just doesn't like broccoli... everyone has a dislike these
days...I don't remember telling anyone what I didn't like but not so now.
We have some really picky eaters in our family...some no fruit..none, some no peas, some on onions, some just breads with a little peanut butter or cheese, on and on it goes..does anyone else have this problem? I ignore it mostly, but if I know ahead will
fix meat, potatoes, veggies instead of casserole.

Back