What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pineapples -

I would love to try the Florida pie and the pork chop recipe of yours Mama, I'll let you know if it will be successful. Thanks! :)

Mama M, I would like to ask you if, have you tried making a ham? My mother usually make a ham and using the syrup of the pineapple as a glazer to the ham. If I have know the recipe for that ham, I would surely post it here to share. :)

1 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
1 can crushed pineapple in syrup
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. prepared mustard

Put brown sugar, cornstarch and salt in pan. Stir in pineapple with syrup, lemon juice and prepared mustard. Cook over medium heat to boil. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over ham for last half hour, uncovered.

1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Dash salt

Drain syrup from pineapple; set aside. Combine drained pineapple, brown sugar, mustards, lemon juice and salt in saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly. Add as much reserved syrup as needed to make mixture of a good brushing consistency.

Back