What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side dish for orange chicken - ideas?

A

Aniviel

Hi all! I am a total newbie to these forums and cooking in general. I've just moved into my first apartment and finally have my own kitchen, and need to learn how to cook for myself.

The other night I made orange chicken, marinated in an orange juice/soy sauce combo with brown sugar and cooked in the same sauce with noodles, peanuts and red pepper flakes. The dish was delicious, but the combination of all those sweet, spicy, and savory flavors was almost overwhelming. I'd like to pair it with a fresh, cool side for contrast.

I'm thinking it should be veggie, possibly snow peas, but I don't have any ideas as for seasoning or sauce. I'd very much appreciate your ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!
-Stacy

Hi all! I am a total newbie to these forums and cooking in general. I've just moved into my first apartment and finally have my own kitchen, and need to learn how to cook for myself.

The other night I made orange chicken, marinated in an orange juice/soy sauce combo with brown sugar and cooked in the same sauce with noodles, peanuts and red pepper flakes. The dish was delicious, but the combination of all those sweet, spicy, and savory flavors was almost overwhelming. I'd like to pair it with a fresh, cool side for contrast.

I'm thinking it should be veggie, possibly snow peas, but I don't have any ideas as for seasoning or sauce. I'd very much appreciate your ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!
-Stacy

Snow Peas with Toasted Almonds Recipe at Epicurious.com

The lemon in this dish should give it a bright, fresh taste.

The next one has orange and mint in it, which again, should give it a citrus taste plus a little mint zing.

Snow Peas with Orange Liqueur Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

Good luck.

Mike

Back