What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buffalo wings?

nancy70364

Does anyone have a good and easy recipe for buffalo wings? This will be my 1st time trying to attempt cooking them,so the easier the better please.Tia :)

BUFFALO-STYLE CHICKEN WINGS

2 1/2 lb. (12-15) chicken wings
1/4 c. Durkee red hot sauce or Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 stick (1/2 c.) melted butter or margarine
Celery sticks
Blue cheese dip

Split wings at joint and discard tips. Arrange on a rack in a roasting pan. Cover wing
pieces with sauce on both sides. Bake at 425 degrees for 1 hour, turning halfway
through cooking time. Wings can be deep fried at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes
and then dipped into the hot sauce until coated completely. Serve with celery and blue
cheese dip.

Frozen wings can be used in place of fresh.

True Buffalo wings are deep fried.

Here's another alternative Buffalo Wings Recipe. Came from a restaurant on Grand Island, between Buffalo and Niagara Falls. It's a little messy to make, but sure tastes good.

buffalo-wing-serving.jpg

Matt

Last edited:
Matt, have always fried my wings. Course I have my own sauce. I will be trying yours, sounds easier than mine. And tasty also. Thanks for the recipe. CF
The Hummers are all gone south, now bout yours? CF

Haven't seen a hummingbird since Sept 29. Was a stray, I think, as usually they're out of here by Sept 22.

You will find the wings recipe above delicious. It's genuine and authentic. Folks worry about the 500 degree oven. We've done them this way all of the time and have never had trouble. I guess the 4 hours of soaking up the marinade protects them from drying out.

Back