What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CrockPot Recipes for those of us always on the go

Chubbs, you are too funny. Thanks for the chuckle.

Bet you feel you are cheating on one crock pot for the other when you get both going :D

Crock Pot Roast With Tapioca Gravy

I ended up making a pot roast in the crock pot for our Christmas dinner. I was interested in finding out how Minute Tapioca would work for a gravy. I wasn't disappointed in the least The gravy went very well over Yorkshire puddings and mashed potatoes. Uh Oh, more carbs..

For the roast I seasoned it with salt and pepper, a pinch of garlic powder, then browned it . I soaked 6 tablespoons of Minute Tapioca in 2 cups of water While the roast browned. I then added the liquid like gel into the crock pot with a pack of Lipton Beefy onion soup mix, One sliced onion, 1 tablespoon of ground horseradish,a few good shots of Worcestershire sauce, course chopped peppercorns and a 1/2 teaspoon full of thyme and 1 minced garlic clove. I salted it to taste just before serving. Most articles I saw using the Minute Tapioca called for 3 tablespoons for stew and such but I went with more because I knew that the drippings from the roast would add to the gravy. I'm glad I did. I placed the roast into the liquid. I like it cooked in the gravy, not elevated above it. It slow cooked on low for about 8 hours.

The pot roast turned out excellent and fall a part tender. The gravy was very rich in flavor and was the perfect thickness. I would recommend this recipe to anyone that loves a delicious pot roast and an excellent gravy.

Wow thanks for the recipe IC, it sounds wonderful!!! Will have to give it a try TODAY as a matter of fact I just pulled out some stew meat to thaw for dinner today!;) And I do have Tapioca on hand therefore..........Oops I just checked and the tapioca is gone, so I am going to do stroganoff, but when I try it I will let you know!

Last edited:
There is a recipe in Southern Living (Jan 2009 issue) for Red Wine Beef Stew I really like the sound of it, I think I will go with it for dinner instead of plain old beef stew!

Back