What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Herbs, spices and seasonings

I've found no information to indicate that 'used' anise seeds are being marketed as fresh, but I guess anything in this world is possible. I would instead believe that her source is not high quality and could be just old.

I get my spices from Penzeys.com and their reputation and quality is excellent.

Interesting story about anise, truther. I wouldn't know- but it would be worth checking into, for sure.

By the way- welcome to Spice Place! :)

Last edited:
Have anyone ever tried chopping the herbs of your choice with lots of garlic and placing it in the blender until it looks like pulp, bottle and refrigerate, and this keeps fresh for weeks. When needed just take any amount you need and season to taste, this eliminates junks of seasoning in your food.

thanks for all the great recipes for barbeque rubs! this is a great resource page with summer approaching!

Hello,
Nice article for anyone who need plan for wedding. I like it very much. Thank you for writing such type article. I will arrange a wedding ceremony very soon and this site helped me.
Thanks

Tanzanian spices

Hello!

I am doing some research into spices grown in Tanzania (specifically cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, peppercorns, ginger, vanilla, nutmeg, cardamom, paprika, chilies, coriander). Does anyone know anything about the quality of Tanzanian spices vs. those from other parts of the world? Or, do you have any idea where I might be able to find this type of information? Thanks!

Back